GRS Maintenance oil
GRS Oil can be bought at your local GRS dealer, please follow this procedure when applying oil to the GRS stock:
Use latex or Nitrile Gloves to protect your hands, the oil contains wax and can be difficult to remove.
- REMOVE THE BOLT FROM THE RIFLE AND CHECK THAT IT IS EMPTY OF AMMUNITION!
- You will get the best result if you remove the action and barrel from the rifle stock.
- Make sure your stock is dry and clean. If the stock is wet, the moist will be locked inside the stock under the
protective layer of oil, this can damage the laminate causing it to de-laminate.
- Shake the bottle of oil for two minutes, there is wax in the oil and this has to be mixed well to obtain the best results.
- Apply a thin, even layer of oil, let it sit for two minutes, apply more if areas suck up all of the oil leaving it seem dry.
- Wipe off excess oil and make sure to remove any drops, they will harden in the curing process.
- Burn the cloths. If left in a rolled up ball they can selfignite!!
- Let the stock dry in room temperature for 12 hours@ 20*C before applying the second layer.
- To obtain the best result use sandpaper between layers, we recommend using 220-320 grained soft paper.
- Two layers of oil are usually enough.